We have had several neighbors stop by to explain how happy they are that we are doing something about the yard. We've had industrial strength chain saws offered and people who have lived here for decades forgot there was a tree house in the back yard. I can already tell we are going to love this neighborhood- so friendly, humorous, and mostly retired.
The neighbors on both sides of the house and behind our house have all been dumping limbs from our yard back into our yard for a few years. I honestly can't blame them. The previous seller had been dumping grass clippings and limbs in the middle of the yard and on the side of the house for years. It adds up. Lots of mess to clean up.
- fill in holes from previous owner's dog in backyard (over 30)
- removing vines and poison ivy off of the fence
- reclaiming our fort
- doing a few repairs on the fort
- limb trimming
- tree removal
- making an area for a raised veggie garden
- spraying weed killer on our brick path
- mosquito control