As background info, as typical with moving, we have had a slew of different people over at our house. Devin has been traveling the whole time so our neighbors don't know what he looks like. We had a piano tuner come to our house and I totally spaced he was coming since life has been crazy. I pick up my phone and the piano tuner says he is in our driveway. I ask him to wait five minutes and I will be out shortly.
When I open the door, I realize the piano tuner is a young man about my age who is very nice looking. I carry on and show him where a bathroom is for him to use before I run off to work and we begin a conversation.
Me: Don't worry about locking up, I think our neighbors watch our lawn all day (joking).Needless to say, I no longer feel the need to have an alarm system when people in our driveway are questioned at 7 AM. Our neighbors may be nosy, but it makes me feel safe. We probably shouldn't joke about this, but we keep saying I need to hire someone very attractive to come over here saying they are our pool boy. Hint: we don't have a pool.
Piano tuner: (laughing nervously) Yeah, about that, I already met your neighbors.
Me: What?! It is 7 am.
Piano tuner: Your neighbor asked me if I was your husband.
Me: I am so sorry!! My husband travels a lot.
Piano tuner: ...and then she asked me why I was over at your house this early if I wasn't.
Me: Yeah, I am serious this time, don't worry about the key.
Our neighbors are more than welcome to keep bringing over the fresh out of the oven pound cakes though :).
- Being rear-ended again, two days before we move to our new house
- Spending my evenings at physical therapy for my new back issues!
- Devin being home for one week to help move
- my parent's taking three 32-foot tractor trailers of yard stuff to the dump
- having ear infections, sinus infections, and the cough of death the last two weeks
- finding out I developed an allergy to penicillin from my antibiotics- joy!
- finally getting internet today
- weeding our whole front yard
- loving my high school students
- finding out I have thyroid issues
- finding out Devin will be traveling all next month too this weekend... surprise!
- the construction company, to fix our garage, rescheduling their appointment to October
- my car window breaking, stuck down, on a rainy day on my drive to school