Reasons why you should love five-ingredient recipes too:
- Easier to duplicate the recipe
- Cut our grocery bill by quite a bit
- Helped us use things we already had in the house
- Easy way to build your food storage up
- Makes less of kitchen mess
- It's easy
|my brownie in a mug!|
- Cook-off winning chili Strong tomato soup taste, but it could have been because I halved the meat. We ate a lot of cheese and sour cream with it, but technically that makes it a seven ingredient recipe.
- Kielbasa with peppers and potatoes I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. We ate something pretty similar to this a lot growing up.
- Mexican casserole Simple and yummy, can't beat that!
- Beef stroganoff We doubled the recipe, and I have the meat to make it cheaper, and we ended up packing this in Devin's lunch for days.
- Brownie in mug This was AWESOME, but we usually split it with two mugs. I also wanted to compare it to a brownie/cake microwave recipe I tried a few years ago here. I thought it was just as yummy, but didn't include the roommate bonding. We've tried it with nutella and chocolate chips.